Current OPC Data Client Version: 5.12
Customers upgrading from version 3.02 should read the What’s New in Version 5 document found in the News section.
Customers upgrading from an earlier version 5.x should refer to this FAQ as there are some code breaking changes implemented in version 5.12
What’s included with the demo?
- OPCData.NET (DA and A&E communications)
- OPCData-COM (DA and A&E communications)
- Full documentation
- Example source-code for most popular development languages and platforms.
What “limitations” does the demo impose?
Only one! Once the OPC Data Client is connected to an OPC Server, it will run for 30 minutes. After this time, the connection to the OPC Server will stop. You will then need to restart your application.
Converting the demo to the full-version:
The demo is essentially the full product. Upon purchasing the product, you will receive a “license file”. A program called the License Manager is installed with the OPC Data Client which is used to install licenses and to remove the demo restrictions of the product, turning it into the full-version software.
- Windows 2000, XP, 2003, Vista, 2008 or 7
- Disk space: approx. 100mb (full installation)
- CPU - anything sufficient enough to run an OS listed above
- Visual Studio .NET 2005, 2008 or 2010 (OPCData.NET only)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 - required for OPC Core Components
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5- required for the OPC Data Client assemblies
Please submit them in the form below, in our support center, or call to speak with an application engineer.
Global: +1 704 849 2773.